Saturday, August 11, 2012

Myth Bustin Pinterest!!

I am excited to share with you another Myth Busting Pinterest post!  I really loved the first pin I tried!!  Hope you are having a great weekend!!

Pin #1

"Easy way to get rid of mold in shower caulk"

The basic steps to this pin are to soak cotton (I just used cotton balls) in bleach and then put them on the discolored area and push it in...I used my squeegee I have in the shower to really push it into the corner of the wall/tub, then leave it over night.  

I loved investigating this pin.  We live in a rental and the caulking has not been white since we moved in.  Because of my disease I am an extreme germ a phobic...really....so every time I showered I noticed the color of the caulking...and I had tried everything to clean it!  This worked SO SO well!  

I only let it sit for about 4.5 hours instead of all night and it worked like a charm.  It made my house smell like bleach and I loved that too!  A germ-a-phob's best friend is bleach!  I honestly bleach everything!  I might have to use this soaking technique for other areas of the house.  Check out my results:

Before

During

 After
I would totally use this again!  You need to try it!  I can now take a shower and not worry about glancing to the corner and getting squeamish!  Amazing!  Try it and send me the pics so I can post them!  This is my favorite pin yet!


Pin #2

"Amazing Grout Cleaner. 7 c water, 1/2 c baking soda, 1/3 c ammonia, 
1/4 c vinegar. Spray on, scrub, wipe off. FINALLY!!"

My amazing mother-in-law Valrie, also one of the most crafty people I know, is on pinterest!  I love looking at all her amazing pins!  She has done several of the crafts she has pinned and some how she always makes them even cuter than the pin.....I am not crafty at all so I married into the perfect family, she helps (by that I mean I ask her craft for me) do some really cute things!  

She found this pin and tried it a few days ago while I was over at her house.  She used a toothbrush to scrub the grout and used a magic eraser if it needed it.  It worked pretty well.  

It didn't have nearly the effect the original pin shows, but you could see a big difference.  Valrie said she would use it again and she thinks every time she uses it the cleaner will be able to get deeper and deeper and get back to the normal color.  
________________________________________________________

Have you tried any pins lately?  Did you prove them right or wrong?
Let me know!  I would love to post them!
email me at stefaniecross2@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment