Thursday, August 9, 2012

Low Calorie Coconut Shrimp

I made this recipe last week and posted it on my instagram,  its honestly one of my favorite shrimp recipes....and I got tons of requests for the recipe...so here you go!  I got the recipe originally from Skinnytaste....honestly more meals in my home come from this site than any where else.  She has a way of making things not only healthy but oh so TASTY!  She even has desserts!



Coconut Shrimp
161 Calories for about 10 of the smaller shrimp I used.  

Ingredients

  • 1 bag of frozen shrimp defrosted
    (I defrost by putting in a sink or bowl of cold water for an hour or two)c
  • 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp shredded sweetened coconut
  • 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp panko crumbs (found in the Asain isle or near the bread crumbs)
  • 2 tbsp all purpose flour (you will only use 1 tbsp)
  • 1 large egg
  • pinch salt
  • non-stick spray (I used my Canola Oil spray )
  • suger free orange marmalade I buy pre-made in jam section of my grocery store
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400°. For an easy clean up line a cookie sheet with tinfoil and spray with cooking spray.

Combine coconut flakes, panko crumbs and salt in a bowl. Place the flour on a small dish. Whisk egg in another bowl.

Lightly season shrimp with salt. Dip the shrimp in the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture.


Lay shrimp on the cookie sheet then spray the top of the shrimp with more cooking spray; bake in the middle rack for about 8 minutes. Turn shrimp over then cook another 6-7 minutes or until cooked though. Remove from oven and serve with dipping sauce.

ENJOY!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment