Thursday, December 27, 2012

New Years Fitness Resolution

This year I started a new years resolution a few weeks early....and I want you to join me!

I watched an interview with a previous Heinemann Trophy winner who said how he got ahead was by doing 5,000 pushups and 5,000 sit-ups a day on top of his normal workout routine.

Where I know that 5,000 sit-ups and pushups is a little unattainable I decided to start with a goal of 200 sit-ups and 200 pushups on top of what I do every week for workout.  And anyone can do this!  No matter what your fitness level is..no matter if you workout or not we can all do a little more!

I started by simply doing 8 pushups 3 times, 3 times a day and at the same time I alternate in 15 sit-ups 3 times, 3 times a day.  That's already 135 sit-ups a day and 72 pushups a day!  And I am slowly adding more every few days.

I still do my normal weekly routine of working out and then 3 times a day a little alarm goes off and I drop and do my extra sit-ups and pushups.  I do them in between laundry, when I wake up, after I make dinner.....or any other time!  Just as long as I do it 3 times a day!

I have already noticed a huge difference in my arm strength!  The last set each time I do my sit up and push ups I do to failure.  So the first two sets I do 15 sit-ups and 8 pushups and the last set I go until I can't go any longer.  That means some times I do more than my first two sets and some times I do less.  The idea behind going to failure is to push yourself just that little bit extra!

Whether you work, have kids, both or have a crazy busy life and can't workout at all...you can all do this!

Here is a little video I filmed yesterday explaining it a little better.  I have been doing little video tutorials for a few sources so I decided I should do them for my own blog as well!



Here is to a healthy and happy New Year!!!

3 comments:

  1. Local candy store? I am interested in that one... :)

    My friend makes beautiful wool felt flowers at http://www.etsy.com/shop/BlossomingBySummer

    Some other friends do creative wood crafts at
    http://creativewoodcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky thank you! I can't wait to check out the new shops! Yes Smeeks is an amazing candy store there are a few locations now! But the cutest one is at the Biltmore in that Union...AMAZING!

      Delete
  2. Sorry my formatting is all weird! And I wanted those to be links but i guess I don't know how.

    ReplyDelete