Monday, July 23, 2012

Teriyaki Turkey Wrap

Happy Monday!  I had a great weekend!  Hope you did too.  I am excited to introduce today's guest blogger Mike from Mr. Shine's Food Blog.  He has some amazing recipes and is here to share a healthy one with us today.  Check out Mr. Shine's Food Blog for a healthy dessert recipe I made, Lemon Cheesecake bites.  Hope you enjoy both recipes we have for you today!!  


Hello there everybody!  My name is Mike and I write the blog Mr. Shine's Food Blog.  Today I am pleased to be sharing a healthy recipe with you on Stefanie's blog.  I believe that eating good food and eating healthy food can be one in the same. (I also believe in eating dessert too!)  Anyhow, today I've decided to share something I cooked up that I based off of a meal my wife bought a P.F. Chang's once. It's called Teriyaki Turkey Wrap and it's delicious.  It's so good that we ate enough for 4-5 people and there was only 3 of us that ate... oops.

Servings:  4-6

Ingredients:
1. 1 pound ground turkey
2. 1/4 red onion diced
3. 1/4 red onion diced
4. 1 head lettuce
5. 2 zucchini
6. 1 bottle low salt teriyaki sauce
7.  1 tablespoon cumin powder
8. 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
9. 1 teaspoon minced garlic
10. 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

Preparation:
1. Start by marinating the ground turkey in teriyaki sauce.  Place the ground turkey in a large bowl and submerge the turkey in teriyaki sauce.  Let sit in the fridge for about about 15-20 minutes.
2. Heat up two pans: one for the turkey and one with the olive oil for the onions and zucchini.  After the pans are heated, plop the turkey in with all of the teriyaki sauce.
3. Separate the turkey in the pan with a spatula so that you now have a bunch of small pieces.
4. Once the turkey is cooking in the pan, add on top the minced garlic, cumin powder and crushed red pepper.
5. Continue stirring/flipping the veggies and turkey as needed.
6. Pull off some leaves from a head of lettuce.  If you don't want to use iceberg lettuce, green leaf or red leaf lettuce could work well too.

Plating:
After the turkey and veggies are all cooked up, place them inside of your lettuce and prepare to scarf it down.



No comments:

Post a Comment