Monday, June 11, 2012

Princess Party

My talented and amazing friend, Bridget, is guest posting for us today!  She throws the most incredible parties and is here to share one with us today!  Follow her party blog Bridgey Widgey to get more amazing ideas!
                                                                                                              


Hello everyone, I am so excited to be guest posting today and sharing with you my parties. Let's start by telling you about me... My name is Bridget and I am a party stylist in Utah. I had no idea I was interested or even good at throwing parties until I started helping my large family with all their kids parties. After doing enough parties, I learned so many tips and tricks and decided to start my blog Bridgey Widgey


You know the cliche of, "if I can do it, you can do it." well it is true in this case because I will help you. If you see my first party you would laugh it went from that to this princess party I will be sharing with you today. I went from not knowing how in the world to create a party to be featured in Parenting Magazine and Studio 5. TRUST ME if I can do it, you can to because I will show you on my blog.  I share with you how you can create that expensive looking party with out breaking the bank. 

Come check me out and follow me for some great giveaways, tips and tricks.  

Let's get started with my favorite party...


For this party I was told the my niece wanted a princess theme, but I was given the freedom to do what I wanted. I chose to do a different spin on a typical princess party. I focused more on the stories of each princess and took a piece from each story. I wanted each guest to feel like they stepped into their own fairytale that started “Once Upon A time” and ended “Happily Ever After.” 

When looking for decor I will always start looking around my house and my parents (they have a lot more stuff than me) I always try to use things I already have first and then i will hit my local thrift stores. 

For this party, I incorporated old thrifted books to represented the different fairy tales. I also used my ruffle fabric bannerprincess party hats, and  Fairy godmother wands. For the backdrop, I used a table cloth and a frame from Ikea. 

Here is my favorite tip... for the table cloth I used a bedskirt on bottom and a lace overlay on top. Ruffle table clothes can be so expensive, so just find a bed skirt to fit your table and you are good to go. I purchased all these table clothes/bed skirts at my local D.I. (thrift store) for 1-3 dollars each. Now anyone can afford that right?

 Now for the best part... the food.  I took inspiration from the princess stories. We had: kissing frogs, Cinderella glass slipper cookies, Snow White "poison" caramel apples, royal jewels, and Princess PB&J's The  food wouldn't make any sense if it wasn't for the amazing printables. They were done by my sponsor Mimi's Dollhouse . She did exactly what I had in mind and was so easy to work with. These printables will be available for purchase in her shop so you can go and create your own perfect princess party. Now if you don't want to spend the money on printables, which I think you can because you saved so much money thrifting your decor ;) you can always use a free software like picmonkey or word to create your own.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment