Happy Friday! Am I ever glad I mad it to today! This has been some week! We have a busy day/night planned and then on to relaxation tomorrow! We get to go to the Ritz tonight :) It is one of my favorite things to do. We go and listen to Ted's Rock Star Cousin and get to visit with his amazing wife Lindsey and hang out with their way to cool of a son! This is his last night there performing after 6 years of Friday nights! I am SO sad! Go Roger!
One of my favorite parts is getting to hang out with this cool dude!
Rog rocking it!
And now a healthy dinner recipe! A few weeks ago I guest posted this recipe, but this is one of our families all time favorite go to summer dinners so I wanted to make sure you got it! Ted loves this for his lunch the next day too. Yumm!
Coconut Chicken Salad
398 calories per serving
Serves 4 people
Originally posted on my favorite healthy cooking site Skinny Taste she is my hero....
6 (about 12 oz) chicken tenderloins
(I use 2-3 chicken breasts and cut then to tenderloin size)
6 tbsp shredded coconut
1/4 cup panko crumbs
2 tbsp crushed cornflake crumbs
2 large egg whites
a pinch of salt
crisco cooking spray
6 cups baby spinach
1 large tomato, sliced
1 small cucumber, sliced
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp white vinegar (balsamic would work too)
2 tsp dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine coconut flakes, panko crumps, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl. Put egg whites in another smaller bowl.
3. Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture (I press the crumb mixture into the chicken a little so it will stick well).
4. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with tin foil for less mess. Lightly spray with crisp cooking spray and bake for 20-30 minutes turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked through (time depends on thickness of chicken, the chicken pictured was cooked about 24 minutes).
5. Place 2 cups baby greens on each plate, layer with cucumber, and tomatoes. Top with warm chicken.
6. Combine all vinaigrette ingredients into a microwavable small bowl or glass, microwave for 10-20 seconds to slightly melt the honey. Whisk together and pour over ready to eat salad.