Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cream Cheese Frosting

This is the cream cheese frosting that goes with the red velvet cake I posted last week.  ENJOY!

This is by far the most requested recipe I have.  It is simple and so delightful and creamy!  I combined a few recipes from different sources to get this recipe.  It is always a hit!  It is great for a filling for a cake or pipes perfectly onto any kind of cupcake!  I always use this frosting on both my carrot cake cupcakes and my red velvet cupcakes.

 Cream Cheese Frosting:


8 Ounce Cream Cheese
2 Sticks Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla (I use at least 2 tablespoon) I always use clear vanilla that you buy at a craft store or baking store it make the frosting whiter and has a little sweeter taste.
2 Tablespoon Milk
3 Cup Powered Sugar (at least)

Instructions:
1.  Blend together Cream Cheese and Butter (I use salted butter)(best if both are at room temp).  I cream it a good 2-4 minutes so it is amazingly soft and creamy.  
2.  Add vanilla, and milk and blend.  
3.  Slowly add Powered Sugar you will know you are done with the sugar once it is the taste and texture you like.

(For more sweetness you can always add more vanilla, if you make it too thick I always thin it with a little vanilla instead of milk so it doesn't water it down too much.




ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment