Friday, April 27, 2012

Eating Healthy?

So a few days ago I think pigs literally flew through the sky!  I decided to eat healthy....yes it is crazy I know!  For all those who know me, know that I love my sweets, I love to bake and will sometimes only eat dinner so I can have desert.  My husband on the other hand counts every single calorie he eats, he is fit and healthy, I workout but have never been a healthy eater, lets see if I can do this!

My Chicken Francese 
At least I know how to cook healthy thanks to Ted, now I just have to eat his healthy dinners with him, and no more toaster strudels or chocolate cake......

A few nights ago I made Chicken Francese from skinny taste...I love that website!  Her recipes are all healthy but tasty!

Ted posted this picture on Facebook and I had a bunch of people ask me for the recipe so here it is!

It is also on her website HERE.

Chicken Francese - Lightened Up 
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes 

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 2 cutlets • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 223.2 • Fat: 5.6 g • Carb: 9.5 g • Fiber: 0.5 g • Protein: 29.7 g


  • 4 large (32 oz) chicken breast halves, thinly sliced in 3 (12 cutlets total)
  • 1/2 cup unbleached flour
  • 1/2 cup egg whites, beaten
  • 1 lemon, juice of
  • 1/2 lemon sliced thin
  • 1/3 cup white wine
  • 1 can fat free chicken broth
  • Pam cooking spray
  • salt and fresh pepper
  • 3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
  • 2 tbsp butter
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a bowl, and the beaten egg whites in another bowl.

Heat a very large non stick pan over medium heat. When hot spray with Pam to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.

Lightly flour chicken, then dip in eggs and add to the hot pan a few at a time. Sautechicken 2-3 minutes on each side. When cooked, transfer onto a plate. Spray the pan again and repeat until all chicken has been cooked.

Once all chicken is cooked, place the chicken broth in the bowl with the remaining flour and whisk. Add to the pan along with the juice of the lemon, white wine, lemon slices, parsley and butter and simmer on low heat for about 2 minutes so it reduces slightly and thickens. Turn off heat. Return chicken to the pan to combine with the sauce. Serve immediately with a nice big salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment